mardi 13 janvier 2015

What exactly is an "abomination" in Frank Herbert's Dune Universe?


I'm reading Children of Dune, and I'm getting confused exactly what is meant by "an abomination" according to the Bene Gesserit. At this point in the story, Jessica is convinced Alia is abomination, but the children are not. At first I thought the abomination was someone who was "pre-born" - that is, fully spice-aware in the womb - but everyone already knew Alia was like that. In addition, the children have always been that way, but Jessica seems only mildly concerned that Leto might be such.


It's clearly some characteristic which arises later - maybe it's related to Alia having some trouble with her prescient vision, but Leto is just discovering his so that does not seem to pan out either.


Anyone have a good sense what an "abomination" is? And don't worry about spoilers on my account - I've seen a few researching this already!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire