mardi 3 mars 2015

Are these foreshadowing that Bashir was genetically modified?


I was rewatching DS9 recently and I realized that, in light of Bashir's genetically modified status.


For example, his statement



[Doctors] seemed to know everything. It was as if they held the power of life and death in their hands. I used to think that if I didn't behave, they'd make sure I got sick. Then as I got older, I decided that I wanted to know what they knew, be as smart as they were



seems foreshadowing of the fact that he was heavily treated by the doctors who genetically modified him early in life.


Another problem was the way everyone seemed to treat Bashir with annoyance, which seems fairly similar to the way other genetically modified people behave in Star Trek.


I have two questions



  1. Is this foreshadowing (out of universe) of Bashir's status?

  2. If so, are there other instances?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire