mardi 30 décembre 2014

Short Story ID: with whistling ghost on stairs


I used to read a lot of ghost short story collections when I was younger. One story has stuck with me and I'd like to be able to identify:


a) the name and author of the story and


B) Which collection it was featured in.


I probably read this story 20-15 years ago here in the UK. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in one of the Armada ghost books.


It is in a contemporary setting, the story centres around someone who has moved into a flat in a town house. The centre floor of this town-house is empty from what I remember, and they have to climb a few flights of stairs to get around their property.


The man who lives there starts hearing tuneful whistling and footsteps in the night coming from the stair way, gradually getting louder as if someone is climbing the stairs. Of course no-one is there.


He tells his friends about this, and one of his friends pretends to be the ghost on one occasion, whistling the same tune while coming up the stairs as a prank.


Well I hope that jogs someone's memory! I don't know why this story has stuck with me, but it'll be great to find it again.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire