dimanche 28 décembre 2014

which sci-fi story has people wearing a controlling wristwatch


A future Big-Brother society where people wore wristwatches which both monitored their movements and kept them informed about their role in society. I don't remember whether the story was located on Earth or a fictional planet. The book was read late 60's or early 70's. I only read a small number of authors (max 10) so I would immediately recognise the author's name if the storyline was identified. Possibles: Brian Aldiss Piers Anthony Isaac Asimov Ray Bradbury Arthur C. Clarke Robert Heinlein Frank Herbert Ursula K. Le Guin Theodore Sturgeon Kurt Vonnegut jr.


What I'm thinking now is how uncannily like the Apple Watch and similar products this was. This is the only story I remember that foresaw the wireless/digital age.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire