mardi 24 février 2015

Marvel House of M: Where to start?


I'm not sure where to start with House of M. This is going to be a gift for my son and your help is appreciated.


He's already read Civil War, and a lot of others(more than what he physically owns), but Civil War was by far his favorite. He said something about House of M a few weeks ago while we were playing Marvel Heroes. I'm not familiar at all with reading lists, and was a little lost when sent to Marvel Wikia and Marvel's official list.



  1. Do I buy Volumes or individual issues to fill the reading list?

  2. Is there one specific source for Marvel reading lists aside from the Marvel Wikia, Marvel Wiki, and Marvel's Official list? Or are those generally acceptable lists to follow?

  3. My son really wants to start House of M, based on the Civil War issues above, can anyone recommend whether I buy Volumes or individual issues?

  4. If it sounds like I need to find out more information about my so's preferences by slyly slipping things into conversation, is there anything someone could suggest I ask to figure out what I might want to know before I start buying up comics?


I asked a mutual friend and received this reply:



"But to me, events are usually just full of so much fluff. Like, I'd rather rather the entire Ultimate Spider-Man run than read any of those events. Even though it doesn't have lasting effects for the Marvel U, it's just full of unbelievable storytelling, both on the artistic and written sides of things"



But I still feel sort of clueless where to start. I also asked my brother's wife who owns more comics than I've seen outside a Comic shop, but she wasn't aware of reading lists.


Perhaps prematurely, I started buying from this reading list, only the first 4 so its not too much.


I also plan on putting together Secret Invasion at some point as well if that changes anything.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire