mardi 9 décembre 2014

Is the galaxy depicted at the end of Empire Strikes Back a real galaxy?


I was reading this question about the Rebel fleet's rendezvous point, and it occurred to me that this galaxy below looks familiar: Star Wars Galaxy


I can't tell from the image whether this is an artistic creation or an actual picture of a galaxy taken by NASA or some other space agency. (Considering the date, it might be the former) but I'm sure I have seen a Hubble image or something somewhere online that looks like this galaxy.


Is this picture real or at least based on a real astrophysical image captured by a telescope somewhere? If so, what is the "real world" name for the galaxy being depicted? If not, is there a similar galaxy that inspired this artistic version? What's the closest thing that is really out there that matches this image?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire