jeudi 26 mars 2015

Science fiction anthology


I am trying to recall an anthology of science fiction short stories I read about 15-20 years ago. It was called "Monsters" or something similar (could have been "Creatures" or "Dragons" or something else, I don't precisely recall). The theme was monsters and creatures in science faction (not any fantasy-type stories I think). The story I specifically remember involved humans exploring an alien planet and encountering a unique creature there. The creature was harmless when first encountered but at each subsequent encounter the creature had changed and adapted to its environment and the human threat - it was hyper-evolving and quickly becoming a life-threatening danger. I don't recall how the story resolved but I think the humans "won".


Does anyone recall this story or anthology? I checked ISFDB but could not find anything that matched up to what I recall.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire