lundi 23 mars 2015

How to Find a Book by Subject


Backstory:


After reading Is it known how the first viruses formed?, I was immediately struck by the idea that it would make a great book. Either in science-fiction ala Michael Crichton, or as popular science ala Stephen Pinker, Michio Kaku, etc. I'm now really looking forward to reading many future hypothetical novels on this subject, which unfortunately, I have no idea how to find.


Now, I'm not wanting a list of recommendations or "best-of", just a a representative sampling from the various people that frequent the site. Unfortunately per Are all list questions off-topic?, that would clearly be off-topic. Then I read Q&A is Hard, Let’s Go Shopping! and decided it would be better if I knew how to find the books I wanted, period. So question:


Question:


How can I reliably match a query comprised of an extremely specific topic and perhaps a few representative keywords, against a comprehensive list of books.


Example:



  • Subject: virus origin, evolution

  • Keywords: LUCA, RNA

  • Genre: Fiction | Popular Science

  • Sort: rating


Would also be nice if you could demonstrate using that particular example :)





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire